5 Easy Ways to Refine Your Customer Acquisition Strategy
Customer acquisition strategies are essential to every business, regardless of their stage of growth. Remember that what used to work a couple of years or even a couple of months ago to draw new customers might not work as effectively in the future. Especially in the ever-changing era of internet marketing.
The following will teach you simple tips to formulate a new strategy:
1) Personalize your marketing efforts.
With today’s tools, complex algorithms help personalize the marketing messages delivered to customers. It’s your job to tailor your offerings to the likes and dislikes of your target audience. Tools like remarketing will help you with that.
Based on the data analysis you have on your current customer base, reach out to prospects on your website through:
- Customized dashboards characterized by user behavior
- New data collected through social media, email newsletters, and online surveys
- Targeted discounts and customized special offers
2) Work you unique value proposition and be focused on it.
Strategies, tools and procedures might change, but the purpose behind your established business or startup shouldn’t.
Ask yourself these questions:
- How can I be sure with absolute certainty why customers choose my products or services rathre than those of my competitors?
- What benefits do I provide that others don’t?
- What makes my products and services more attractive and credible than the competition?
Reaffirming these answers lays the groundwork for any changes in your future customer acquisition strategy.
3) Get actively involved with your prospects’ buying cycle.
In the era of internet marketing, one of your job is to assist prospects with identifying their own performance gaps.
Most customers don’t realize that:
- they have a problem
- a solution to their problem exist
- you can offer that solution
- at a fair price
- with excellent customer service
The second thing you need to have in mind is educating your prospects or customers on the value of your products or services. By doing this, you will build a strong relationship that will develop and prosper into full-scale customer acquisition.
4) Create your story and refine your brand
More and more customers are turning blind to paid advertising. Your customers are educated consumers and they recognize from afar when you are trying to sell them anything.
So, having a clear and appealing brand has never been more important. Would-be customers respond to brand stories that engage them and clearly describe how the brand can benefit them.
This is where businesses sometimes fall short. A compelling brand story should include a range of aspects of your business, from logos to social media, sales, and your employees.
Would-be customers respond to brand stories that engage them and clearly describe how the brand can benefit them.
5) Offer an appealing mobile user experience.
This one seems absolutely evident, but a lot of websites are still not optimized for smartphone. 80% of your customers will see you first on their smartphone. If they have a bad experience, they will not come back to see you on your regular website.
You need to be part of those brands that are seeking to capitalize on what might be called “mobile micro-moments.”
Micro-moments are small user behaviors that happen during the entire purchase life cycle.
- I want to know
- I want to do
- I want to go
- I want to buy
If you can guide them throughout their whole journey, from “I want to know” to “I want to buy”, there is no reason your business cannot be succssesful.
Your goal as a leading brand is to stay connected with your porspect or customer at each and every micro-moment and offer an optimized mobile strategy for all of them.
Increasingly, the ability to leverage emerging digital technologies will be a great advantage in your customer acquisition strategies. The good news is, employing these technologies will give you a competitive advantage over other businesses that fail or are slow to adopt these methods or do not understand how to do them.
Now’s your turn.
You only have 3 options to implement those tips:
- Do It Yourself (click here for more)
- Ask you marketing team to do it (click here for more)
- Contact a digital agency specialized in internet marketing (click here for more)
What will you do to increase your odds to bring in more and more customers?